BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Wow - another Mother's Day has passed. I think you officially are a pro once you've passed your 1st Mother's Day! This past year as a mommy was even better than my first. It is amazing to me that the little peanut I held in my arms for the first time on August 23rd, 2008 is the same thriving little girl that I can barely hold in my arms today!


Riley is a true blessing! She has been the light in our lives for the past 20 1/2 months. She is brilliant, funny and genuinely cares about people. She is the reason I wake up every day. And while Riley has daddy's looks, she takes after her mommy in many ways! I am more than proud to have Riley Paige as a daughter - she is after all the reason I breathe.



What I have learned the most from Riley is this quote:

"While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about"

- Angela Schwindt

This more than rings true for me. I look forward to seeing what Riley has to teach me about life in the next year.

Happy Mother's Day to all - hope everyone enjoyed their day!

0 comments: