BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A day at the zoo

Today mommy and daddy took me on a trip. We got into the car and within minutes we were at the zoo!! I've never been to the zoo, but mommy and daddy talked about it all week long saying that there were lots of animals there and lots of kids go with their mommy's and daddy's to visit the animals. When I got there I saw that they weren't kidding! There were tons of animals there.

First we went through and saw all the fish, frogs, snakes and lizards we could. They're kinda yucky. But then we saw crocodiles and the biggest turtles I've ever seen. Those turtles were so big, I could have surfed on one of them - seriously!!!

Here are some pictures of my favorite animals that I saw:


The peacock was ginormous - but very pretty.


Then there was the sleeping lion. I thought it was funny that it was sleeping with it's tongue sticking out of it's mouth. I wonder if I sleep like that?
One of my very favorites was the penguins. They would dive into the water and swim right up to the glass. They swim funny and very fast. I enjoyed watching them zoom by. And then daddy and I became penguins - pretty cool huh?? Mommy and daddy knew I loved the penguins so much before we left they made a pit stop at the gift shop and bought me a big pink penguin!


The elephants were awesome. They fed each other and threw dirt on themselves. They're pretty funny animals.

We got to see so much today, monkeys, birds, a fox, meerkats and a fossa to name a few. I can't wait to go back again. Mommy says maybe we could go to a bigger zoo the next time around. Well, either way I can't wait!!

2 comments:

Mommy Decker said...

Wow!! That zoo looks AWESOME!

Nice umbrella stroller too RiRi!

We miss you! xoxo

Aunt Laurie said...

Riley, I'm so jealous, I LOVE the zoo!! But I'm glad you (and mommy and daddy) had a great time! Love and miss you!!