BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 20, 2012

It's a Garden Party!!

I have to tell you, I have been looking forward to Riley turning 4 for about 6 months now.  It used to be the "terrible 2s" - but when I think about this past year of Riley being 3, I think about how I would take her being 2 all over again over 3.  Three is so trying!  Maybe it's because at 2 it is acceptable to act like a baby, because you really kind of still are.  At three, you know what you're doing, what buttons to push and I swear Riley's knack for knowing when to pull out all the stops increased ten fold!!!

Either way our little sassy-pants is turning 4 and she wanted to have a garden party!  She only made several requests for this party: (1) it had to be before her actual birthday, (2) her cousin Keira had to be there, (3) she had to have a pinata, (4) she wanted a flower cake made for her, and finally (5) she had to have a fire at the end of the night to toast marshmallows.  That doesn't sound like much...right???

Well I managed to check off every part of that list and Riley had a fantastic garden party with her family.  I still just can't believe that she is turning 4!


















Riley told me the night of her party that it was the best party ever!  I have to say I enjoyed watching Riley love every minute of her party.  I wonder if she is already working on a theme and requests for next year...

2 comments:

Mommy Decker said...

If she is like her Aunt Jenny she is already planning birthday #5! And we did manage to plan themes for baby sister's 1st & 2nd birthday - LOL! It was a great party! Keira would have never missed it! xo

Aunt Laurie said...

I had a great time and am so glad Miss Riley enjoyed her birthday party! xoxox