BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cause They're Cousins

Growing up as a kid I could barely stand my big sister (sorry Jenn - but I'm sure the feeling was mutual). As we got older our days of torturing each other became less and less and our days of hanging out with each other became more and more. Jenn and I began dating our husbands within weeks of each other, we got engaged within weeks of each other, and we both stood up for each other in our weddings. Jeremy and I are also proud to be Keira's godmother.

Who knew that we would have kids that were 13 1/2 months apart and that our children would be so close despite the 250 miles between them. There have been hundreds of times that we have gotten together for various holidays, birthdays, special occasions and just because that I have been able to witness the special bond between these little ladies.

These girls are each other's life coaches. When Riley was potty training Keira was there to help us get her to go poop on the potty. When Keira was having trouble drinking her milk after it was discovered that she may not be allergic, Riley was there to cheer her on. I cannot wait for the many more life events that will bring these ladies together so that they can cheer each other on. Keira is the best big cousin to Riley that we could have ever asked for.

After each visit with Keira and Jenn we are always counting down until the next time we will see them again (4 1/2 weeks now)!!

Keira is like a daughter to me and like a sister to Riley. I do hope that the two of them will stay this close for the rest of their lives. I hope even more that one day Keira and Riley will have children like themselves and get the chance to see how wonderful it is to watch two smart, loving, funny girls grow up right before their eyes!!

Here are some pictures of Keira and Riley over the past 2 1/2 years (ah the memories already):


I believe this was the very first time Keira met Riley.


Spending quality nap time together


This was our very first Girl's Weekend - with others that followed and many more to come!



This is the most precious picture from our very first family vacation to OBX - the girls had such a great time spending a whole week together!


Nothing but pure cuteness!!!


Just this past weekend at Sesame Place - Keira showed Riley the ropes!!



Now - how in the world could Jenn and I be so lucky?? We're not really sure, but we're not complaining either!


I love this quote because it is so true:


"God made us cousins, because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters."


~Author Unknown ~


3 comments:

Mommy Decker said...

Colleen, this post is just the sweetest. There is nothing I love more than seeing Keira & Riley interact together. I am so glad we get to be mommies together and make so many great memories with our girls.

Aunt Laurie said...

I have the most beautiful nieces, and they have two really great mommies :)

juh-juh said...

I am so happy that Keira & Riley have such a special bond!! And that their mommies now have it too!! They are two very blessed little girls!!!du