BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Outer Banks

This past week, I went on my very first family vacation to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. Mommy and Daddy, Gramps and Juh-Juh, Aunt Jenny, Uncle D and Keira and Aunt Laurie and Uncle Adam all rented and shared a giant house together for a week of fun, fun, fun!

This trip was also my first stay in a hotel. We left on a Friday and only took half the trip and spent the night in Dover, Delaware. The next day we woke up and headed to Nags Head where our beach house was. The week was very busy and I was totally off my regular schedule - WHOO HOO!!!! Here are some of the highlights of my trip:

I did the smallest amount of beach time possible while living on an island, as I reminded my mommy and daddy "I don't wike the waves." The beach was not what I considered fun. Although I did see lots of crabs walking on the sand.


While I may not have liked the waves, I loved, loved, loved the pool that we had at our beach house. I got in lots and I mean LOTS of pool time.


I also got in TONS of cousin time. We watched TV together, went swimming together, played together and went to the aquarium together. She and I shared toys and snacks all week long. I loved how much time I got to spend with my cousin Keira.


I also spent lots of time with mommy and daddy enjoying the sights of the Outer Banks. We went to a place called the Elizabethan Gardens. It was beautiful and peaceful and I enjoyed stopping to smell the flowers.


We also visited the North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island. We spent the morning with the Decker Family and enjoyed the fish, turtles and SHARKS!!!!


On the one rainy day of the week, we made sure to get our shopping done!


I got to celebrate Keira's 3rd Birthday while there too! She had an AWESOME party (from what I hear, I did after all sleep through most of it). I woke up in enough time to eat the delicious cupcakes Aunt Jenny made. YUMMY!!! I also made a new friend - Kylie! She and her family made the trip out to OBX for Keira's birthday party!!


We took a trip to Jockey's Ridge. Daddy held me as he ran down the GIANT sand dune. I didn't mind the sand there, but it was windy and I don't really like the wind either. I had so much fun hanging out with Aunt Laurie, Uncle Adam, Gramps, Juh-Juh and Destine.


On our last full day, daddy had an idea to go see a lighthouse. We drove all the way to Corolla to the Currituck Beach Lighthouse. I had to wait in line to get to the top, but when I got up there I saw some beautiful sights.


I have to say I had a blast and it was one of the best times of my life. I even can't wait to do it again. But I would be lying if I didn't say that I was happy to see home!


I guess it's back to our regularly scheduled program!!!

If you want to see more pictures from my trip - take a look here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=226891&id=669006095&l=d0008e0645

3 comments:

Mommy Decker said...

The cousin time really was super awesome. You girls were great!

We miss you already! XO

Anonymous said...

I had the best vacation ever!! And do you know what???? I love you!!!

Aunt Laurie said...

I had a great vacation with you!!! xoxoxo