BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mother of Two

Over the past year I have slowly been learning that my life will never be the same as a mother of 2 young children.  While I LOVE being the mother of Riley and Avery there are things that I realized I have to let go of.  Here are some of the things I have learned over the past 13 months:

1.  My house will never really be clean again.  Sure I straighten up, A LOT. Yes, I even take out cleaning products and use them.  But unless I ship Jeremy and my two little ladies off somewhere, my house instantly looks like a tornado hit it!

2.  I will forever feel tired.  Avery is on an anti-sleep kick.  Are there very rare occasions when she will sleep through the night?  Sure.  Are there times when even though she gets up that it only takes a minute to get her back to sleep?  Definitely.  Are there times she wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks it's playtime for the next hour or so??  Without a doubt.  And it will ALWAYS feel like those days happen more than the others.

3.  My house is LOUD.  There are times that Jeremy and I look at each other and wonder if Riley sneaks in the neighborhood kids for play dates on a nightly basis.  The house is always loud.  Whether the sounds are awesome (Riley and Avery playing nicely and laughing) or horrendous (Riley whining and Avery crying AT.THE.SAME.TIME), the house is only quiet about 30 minutes after the kids go to bed.

4.  Riley is the best big sister.  Riley loves teaching Avery about things.  She "reads" her stories often and shows her how different toys work.  Riley plays the big sister role well.  It's as though she was born to be a big sister!!

5.  There is more than enough love to go around!  Even though there are days that the only thing I can think of is getting the kids to bed for sanity purposes, there are more days that I enjoy playing, reading books to and talking with the kids.  They are both still learning so much about the world and themselves and I love that I get to see that happen everyday!!









2 comments:

dad said...

beanie, I always told you and your sisters that parenting is the hardest job in the world, you lose your identity because nothing is more important than the kids. but trust me its really worth it when they grow up and you and your sisters see. like you what a good young women ,wife , and most import mother they've become. you and your sisters make mom and I very proud and we are here for you always .see you turkey day

juh-juh said...

Riley & Avery are two very lucky little girls to have you for their mommy!!