BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Terrible Twos

"No one looks forward to the terrible twos, a developmental stage that usually begins sometime in the toddler years.

Although many parents don't expect the terrible twos to start until their toddler is two years old, it is important to note that it can begin anytime during your child's second year, and so anytime after their first birthday, and unfortunately, sometimes even before.

Characterized by toddlers being negative about most things and often saying 'no', the terrible twos may also find your toddler having frequent mood changes and temper tantrums."

From: About.com


Enter Riley Paige.


Riley is our first born, our only child. Riley is so smart and so funny. But she is sooooo naughty too!! She tests limits like there is no tomorrow, she loves the word "no" more than I do and she loves to throw a good old fashioned temper tantrum anywhere - home, mall, school, well you get it. But according to the experts, this is normal. Well call me crazy but right now - I don't want normal!!

I feel bad that on some days bedtime is my favorite part of the night. All I know is most days I am more exhausted than when she was a newborn and I was getting up every 3 hours with her.

I love Riley more than life itself and I know this is all a phase that will someday end. Is it so wrong that I wish that someday was today??

Here is funny countdown clock that I found on the same website:

Riley was born on August 21, 2008 and is 2 years and 3 months old.

You have 287 days - 5 hours - 9 minutes - and 36 seconds until your child is out of the terrible twos phase.


Here's hoping that 3 will be less naughty!!

I know it is hard to believe that this is the face of a "terrible two."


3 comments:

gramps said...

mmmmmm and you only have riley lol. P.S. my riley paige could never be a terrible 2

Jenn said...

Yeah Ummmm it's not. It overlap's into the 3's. Sometimes Kylie tell's me "Mom you just need more patients."

juh-juh said...

And in about 10 to 12 years you will be wishing for the "terrible twos" back!!