BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Run, Baby, Run

Earlier this year I to took up running.  It has become quite the hobby.  While I've only been running for 7 months - I now have a total of five 5ks under my belt with 2 more signed up for before the winter hits.

The last race I did was put on by a local high school and it was the first race Riley came to cheer me on at.  A friend of mine had his daughter run in the Kid's Fun Run and after watching her friend run the race, Riley decided she wanted to run in the next Kid's Fun Run at my next race.

This past Sunday, Riley ran her first Kid's Fun Run at the Lafayette Apple Festival and had a blast doing it!!!  She made her mommy and daddy so proud.  She did so well and had such a good time that she is already signed up for another fun run on November 10th.  I always run alone, but I definitely have room for a running partner!!!!  




2 comments:

Aunt Laurie said...

Ahemmmm...I am your running partner! But so proud of my godbaby! I can't wait to run a race with her :)

gramps said...

I loved watching you run your first race, gramps was so proud when you turned the corner for the finish line, and then had that very same feeling when mommy did it can't wait for the next race love ya to the moon and back for infinity and a day