BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 26, 2013

5 years old!!!!

Riley's birthday was this past Wednesday.  Jeremy and I cannot believe our first born is 5.  I don't know why, but turning 5 seems to be a bigger deal to me than any other age (besides when she turned 1).  I don't know if it is turning 5 and kindergarten happening within weeks of each other, but I feel proud and sad at the same time.  Proud of the little girl Riley has become and sad because there is nothing about her that makes her a baby.

This year has been a great year with Riley!  She completed Pre-K and did really well there.  She went to summer camp this summer complete with field trips.  Riley had a successful first year of dance and performed so well in her recital.  Riley became a big sister this year and truly adores her little sister and loves teaching her things.  Riley is starting kindergarten in less than 2 weeks and is excited to meet her teacher, Mrs. Merritt.  She is also starting hip hop classes at a new dance studio and is so happy about this!

We are so excited, as we are every year, to see what new and wonderful things Riley will learn about this year.  We love watching our smart, sweet, yet often sassy girl take on new and exciting challenges.  Stay tuned...I have a feeling this year is going to be awesome!!!!!






1 comments:

gramps said...

hi my lil knuckle head hahaha, just want to say that you are growing so fast and I love and miss you always.I had a great time at your part can't wait till I see you again and p.s. I also think juh-juh wants tullys 1 nite