BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 20, 2009

There's no babysittin' blues!

This weekend, Mama and Dada were going to a wedding. My godmommy Aunt Laurie and Uncle Adam came up to babysit. I was a little nervous, but my best cousin Keira told me how much fun she has when they babysit for her, so I knew I was in for a treat!

They drove up very late on Thursday night, and when I woke up on Friday morning they were ready to play. The first thing I did was show Aunt Laurie ALL of my books.

I also decided that Uncle Adam is my new best friend. We had a blast this weekend singing my favorite songs: Willy Was a Whale, I'm Gonna Catch You, Pop Fly, and "E-I-E-I-O".
Uncle Adam (I like to call him Aaaaaad) gave me a baba and I fell asleep right in his arms. I think he might have the magic touch, because I took an almost two hour nap!


I was still a little sleepy when I woke up, so I cuddled up with my Aunt Laurie.
Once I was wide awake, Aunt Laurie got me dressed and did my hair. Then we had a tea party! But I decided that teacups are for beginners, and I'm an experienced tea partier.
Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. Uncle Adam made me pizza, which was so yummy! And I ate like the big girl that I am.

Before I knew it, it was time for bed. I had such a great night!

But it wasn't over! When I woke up, they were still there. I was so excited!!

Aunt Laurie made me waffles, and Uncle Adam enjoyed my crazy morning hair.




I had such a good morning, and before I knew it Mama and Dada were home. We went to the Windmill near Keuka for some yummy food (Aunt Jenny's favorite butterfly potato!) and more quality time with my bestie, Aaaaad.


Overall, I think I have to agree with Keira: I have a pretty awesome family. I had fun with Aunt Laurie and Uncle Adam, and I know they had fun with me. I can't wait to see them again!



(This was guest-blogged by Aunt Laurie, who wants to thank Riley for being the best girl this weekend! xoxo)

3 comments:

Mommy Decker said...

We are the luckiest kids EVER! Nobody has an aunt and uncle like Aunt Laurie & Uncle Schneckie.

Miss you cuz!

gramps said...

i'm gald you finally see uncle adam as the good guy he is. I miss you a whole bunch, love ya see you soon

juh-juh said...

So glad you had a great weekend with Aunt Laurie & Uncle Adam, I know they really enjoyed spending the weekend with you too, (and who wouldn't)? I know I did!!!!!